GET CHECKED, Cancer Awareness Utes
- On 26 Jun | '2020
In the name of health and wellbeing, the Monadelphous EC (Engineering Construction) team, Monadelphous Newman and Ahrens Group joined forces with Lewis Auto Hire to very literally ‘drive’ awareness of breast and prostate cancer.
Having personally been affected by cancer the Lewis Auto Hire team approached Monadelphous & Ahrens about the idea to turn their mine spec ute rentals into breast and prostate cancer awareness-raising tools.
All teams loved the idea and jumped straight on board to support the worthy cause. The vehicles were kitted out with custom blue and pink graphics promoting cancer awareness and the importance of listening to your body and getting checked early if anything ‘feels off’.
Awareness is crucial to fighting cancer with early detection the key to the battle.
- Over 200,000 Australian men are living after diagnosis with prostate cancer
- 1 in 7 Australian men will be affected by prostate cancer
- 3,500 Australian men die of prostate cancer every year
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer affecting women
- 1 in 7 Australian woman will be diagnosed with breast cancer by their 85th birthday
- 53 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each day
- Australia has one of the best cancer survival rates in the world
- Males 50+, or 40+ with a family history of prostate cancer should talk to their doctor about testing
Early detection of breast cancer increases the chances of successful treatment and ultimately, survival – click here for a guide to self-examine